The Professional Development Program at the Research School in Stem Cell Biology was established in 2018 as a one-year complementary educational program to create a research community for PhD students from diverse laboratories at Lund Stem Cell Center.
The mission of the Professional Development Program is to promote the career success of PhD students at Lund Stem Cell Center. The program’s professional development activities are intended to empower PhD students to take responsibility for their professional and academic achievements through a collaborative learning, mentoring and feedback approach.
The program is designed to enhance the academic training of PhD students at Lund Stem Cell Center within the competencies of professionalism, research communication, and career development. To develop the participants’ academic and professional goals, a mentoring program is implemented within the framework of the Professional Development Program.
The Professional Development Program seeks to:
- Create community to support connection and collaboration with fellow PhD students at Lund Stem Cell Center.
- Foster career oriented skills leading to long-term career success and satisfaction.
- Provide continuous feedback on participants' progress in terms of oral and written communication skills.
- Provide mentoring from program leaders and individual mentors to develop participants' academic and professional goals and well-being.
- The detailed program schedule will be distributed to accepted participants prior to the start of the program.
- Information meeting: May 25, 2018 at 3- 4 pm at I1345
- Applications open: May 28, 2018
- Applications close: June 17, 2018
Application results will be sent to applicants during week 25.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply to the Professional Development Program, you need to:
- Belong to the Research School in Stem Cell Biology at Lund University. Read more here.
Be in the first*, second, or third year of your graduate education. Admission priority will be given to PhD students who haven’t completed their half-time review yet.
*Students who are currently in the admission process (e.g. Human Biology students) are also encouraged to apply.
- Have the permission from your supervisor to attend the program.
If you are selected to take part in the program, you will be required to attend all program modules.
For any further information on the Professional Development Program, please contact:
Christine Karlsson, PhD
Executive Director, Research School in Stem Cell Biology
Jenny Hansson, PhD
Educational Program, Research School in Stem Cell Biology