We are studying common and potentially fatal disorders like pulmonary embolism (PE), left heart failure (LHF) and chronic obstructive lung disase (COPD) that also have big medical, social and economical consequences. As clinical, laboratory and radiographic findings like chest X-ray are non specific, objective diagnosis is required. An accurate and prompt diagnosis is essential for efficient treatment, which is nowadays available. After continuous development of lung scintigraphy, we have during the last 10 years implemented quantitative ventilation/perfusion single photon tomography, qV/P-SPECT, for diagnosis and follow up of PE.
We are interested to study in depth duration of anticoagulant treatment after PE diagnosed with qV/P-SPECT, in order to optimize individual therapy
To extend our understanding of how important it is to diagnose low degree of subsegmental PE and what is optimal treatment.
- What are the results of individuellt fitted PE outpatient/hospital therapy based on V/PSPECT? Co-morbidity, mortality?
- Is it enough to treat patients with small PE extension based on V/PSPECT only during a short period, one month? with low moleculare heparin?
- How often is chronical PE cause to pulmonell hypertension?
- How long should PE patientes be treated?
- How frequently is pneumonia co-morbid with PE ?
- What is the relationship between V/PSPECT clinical symptom, spirometry and MDCT?
- Can more simple phenotype of COPD develop för generell use by applying V/P SPECT ?
Left heart failure
- What is the pest possible use of perfusion gradient measured with V/P SPECT för diagnoses and follow up of acute, respective treated LHF? What is the relationship between V/PSPECT , ultrasound and heart -MR?