The Department of Laboratory Medicine would like to stimulate exchange of research and technical skills for both university and clinical scientists, as well as technical and administrative staff. Therefore, the Department is hereby announcing this year’s strategic research travel grants. The money can be used only to finance travel which benefits the Department’s research activities and is valid for travel in 2019.
An important purpose of the travel grant is to encourage technical, methods and knowledge transfer within the field of Laboratory Medicine. A travel grant can also be used to give the Department’s staff opportunities to build important collegial networks as well as showcase our work. For example, this could be accomplished by:
- travelling to courses
- study visits to other research laboratories
- active participation in a national or international conference
- supporting the travel costs for an invited guest researcher/speaker for a seminar on methodology relevant to the Department.
Who can apply?
- Department employees, regardless of job title
- Individuals holding a scholarship with the Department
- Region Skåne employees who are active researchers within the Department
How to apply?
Apply by filling in the form below by April 30th. Scan the signed form and supporting documents and e-mail it with the title Strategiskt resebidrag to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will be discarded.
- Attach a brief CV (max. 1 page)
- Scientific abstract
- Letter of invitation or course program.
Evaluation and selection of applications will be done by the management team, taking any conflicts of interest into consideration. Those applications that are judged to best meet the strategic aims of the Department will be prioritized. Note that an individual can only be awarded one travel grant/year.
The travel grants awarded will be funded by money earmarked for the Department’s strategic research initiatives, received from the Medical Faculty for 2019.
Anna Rignell-Hydbom; Anna.Rignell-Hydbom@med.lu.se, tel 222 16 30
Håkan Axelson; email@example.com, tel 222 64 34