Faculty of Medicine

Lund University


Working at the hospital

For doctors with a medical degree obtained outside of Sweden, complementary training may be required to get a Swedish license to practice and a specialist qualification. The Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) is the competent authority that assesses your academic and clinical background. Please see the following for more information:

If you are interested in a language auscultation or practical service/trial service at Skåne University Hospitals, please contact the recruitment unit at Region Skåne: jobb@skane.se. For more information on working in Region Skåne, please see Physicians Educated Abroad.

Lund University does not offer training for recent medical school graduates, fellowships, internships, specialist training or residency programs.

Wishing to study the Swedish language? Find out more about your opportunities on: Studying in Sweden 

Site overview