For admission to our PhD programme applicants must meet both the basic and special eligibility requirements;
To meet the requirements for basic eligibility, applicants must have
• a second-cycle qualification (master level).
• completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, including at least 60 higher education credits at second cycle.
• acquired essentially corresponding knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
To meet the requirements for special eligibility, applicants must have
• at least 60 higher education credits within the subject area of third-cycle studies (i.e. the five subject areas of the PhD programme)
Proof of English proficiency
A proof of English proficiency consists of one of the following:
- English as your native language
- a first degree from a Nordic country
- a passing grade equivalent to a Swedish 3-year upper secondary course
- a TOEFL score of at least 550, with no less than 213 points on the computer based test and no less than 79 on the internet-based one.
- An IELTS test, in which the "Academic Module" must be completed with at least 6.5 as a result and with no section scoring less than 5.0.