The Department of Cancer Epidemiology belongs to Clinical Sciences, Lund University and was founded 1997 and is an integrated part of the Oncologic Centre/Regional Tumour Registry in South Sweden. The main tasks of the Department of Cancer Epidemiology are to:
- To provide basic and research education within the area of cancer epidemiology
- To undertake studies in cancer epidemiology using register material and/or data collected from case control or cohort studies to study incidence and trends of tumour diseases and to find environmental and genetic risk factors.
- To undertake cancer screening, prevention and intervention studies.
- To undertake cancer treatment and prognostic studies.
- To assist with epidemiological and biostatistical competence within the above areas also including studies in health economics, cancer genetics, life quality and family oriented studies.