Valuable tips before your start!
Reduce & modify your content
- Modify your text and images before you start designing – avoid copying/pasting text or figures from your manuscript.
- Limit and reduce the amount of text! Keep only what is most important.
- Save your images in pdf and view them in 100%, to make sure that your figures are legible and your photos are sharp.
Text and legibility – some guidelines
- A shorter title makes it easier for your audience to understand your message.
- The title should be approximately 96–100 points to be readable from a distance of about two meters.
- All text should be printed with letters at least 1 cm high, approx. 36 points.
- Text arranged in bullet points are more readable at a distance.
- Avoid to long paragraphs: Use a maximum of 40-50 letters per line (including spaces) and no more than 6 lines per paragraph.
Templates for scientific posters
Lund University has poster templates for PowerPoint and InDesign, designed according to the graphic profile. The poster templates are available for download in the Lund University´s Image and Media Bank. Log in with your Lucat. The template has a colored background based on the profile colors for Lund University. The background colour can be exchange by any other colour from Lund University's profile colours, or changed to white.
15 mm white margin and the Lund University´s logotype
The white space at the top should only be used for logo and title. The logotype should be placed according to the template. There are guidelines for the use of more than one logotype for posters – contact us at Library and ICT if you have any questions.
The title in bronze colour with a line also in bronze underneath.
Keep the title style as it appears in the template.
Graphic and printed material representing Lund University, including scientific posters, preferably use the university’s main fonts: Adobe Garamond Pro and Frutiger LT Std. You download both logos as well as fonts in Lund University´s Image and Media Bank.
These fonts are not compulsory for scientific poster, you may use Times New Roman for title and headings and Arial for body text instead.
Print your poster
MediaTryck is Lund University's internal printing office. They print your poster within 24 hours.You need to send your poster as a pdf.