Next start for Research school in Medical Science, MEFMV1F, 14,5 hp/credits:
- Research school with start week 37, autumn 2022 and final examination task/presentation week 9 - admission (almost) completed.
- Research school with start week 38, autumn 2022 and final examination task/presentation week 10 - admission (almost) completed.
- Research school with start week 49, autumn 2022 and final examination task/presentation week 21, spring 2023 - admission ongoing
- Research school with start week 16, spring 2023 and final examination task/presentation week 43 autumn 2023 - admission not open yet
- Research school with start week 23, spring 2023 and final examination task/presentation week 48 autumn 2023 - admission not open yet
All PhD students admitted to research studies from. July 1 2021, will be admitted to the Reserch School in Medical Science, 14,5 credits. You do not apply for it, but you will automatically be admitted to the next available spot, as soon as you are admitted to PhD studies. The PhD student will be placed in the next available research school and it starts approximately between a couple of months to maximum a year after adminssion to PhD studies. The research school will run four to five times every year, with 40 spots in each round. The course language is English. The course weeks in the research school are spread out over about six months, where nine course weeks, plus one day for examination are schedueled.
The research school consists of the following course modules:
- Introductory course: 0,5 hp/credits (The course runs digitally and "on demand" - you take it immediately after admission to PhD studies)
- Introduction to Research Methodology, 3 hp/credits
- Theory and practice of scientific communication, 1,5 hp/credits
- Applied statistics I, 1,5 hp/credits
- Research ethics, 3 hp/credits
Applied statistics II, 3 hp/credits, (you choose one of the three possible level II-courses
(Clinical research, Epidemiology/health science, or Biology/laboratory medicine)
- Oral communication, 1,5 hp/credits
- Examination 0.5 hp/credits
If you have questions regarding the Research School in Medical Science, please contact Anette Åkerberg, PhD coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.