Lina Magnusson; firstname.lastname@example.org
Language of instruction
Date not yet decided - we are planning for two courses
The aim of the course is to provide the participants with knowledge of qualitative data analysis and the assessment of research findings based on qualitative methodology.
- The ability to independently formulate research issues in the individual research area, related to the use of qualitative content analysis or grounded theory
- The ability to use research data to execute a qualitative data analysis based on qualitative content analysis or grounded theory and to critically review the work of colleagues
- The ability to assess the relevance of credibility criteria to their own and colleagues’ research projects
- The ability to independently review and assess research articles based on qualitative content analysis or grounded theory
- The ability to discuss and assess their own and colleagues’ research projects from ethical and societal perspectives
- The theory of science foundations of qualitative content analysis and grounded theory
- Design, data collection and analysis methods related to qualitative content analysis and grounded theory
- The use of existing theories as an element of the research process
- Credibility, reliability and transferability of qualitative research results
- Presentation of research findings based on qualitative data
The grades awarded are Pass or Fail.
To be admitted to the course, the student must be admitted to research studies at the Faculty of Medicine and have completed a compulsory course in qualitative research methodology comprising 1.5 credits or the equivalent.