Maria Emmelin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 040-39 13 69
PhD students at the Faculty of Medicine
Please note: All course weeks will be given in English
If you are admitted to Phd studies from 2017-07-01 and have completed the course Laboratory Animal science for researchers, you do not need to take this course, accoring to a desicion made by the research board (FUN).
Week 8 - this course will be given digitally
Week 10 - this course will be given digitally
Week 12 - this course will be given digitally
Week 16 - this course will be given digitally
Length of course
The course equals one full week
The aim of the course is to provide the participants with basic knowledge of qualitative methodology and the quality criteria employed to review research based on qualitative methodology.
On completion of the course, the third-cycle students shall be able to
- explain the use of different types of qualitative methodology from a research perspective
- independently formulate a research issue requiring qualitative methodology
- critically review a research text based on a qualitative research design
- discuss the ethical and societal aspects of qualitative research
- The theory of science foundations of qualitative research methodology
- Design, data collection and analysis methods related to qualitative research methodology
- Credibility, reliability and transferability of qualitative research results
- Ethical and societal perspectives on qualitative research
The course consists of three days of teaching, divided into two days of lectures and one day of group discussions of research articles. Two days are set aside for individual work on the take-home exam.
Take-home exam (1.5 credits)
Other forms of assessment may be used, if there are special grounds.
The grades awarded are Pass or Fail.
To be admitted to the course, the student must be admitted to research studies at the Faculty of Medicine.