Nominate for STINT´s Teaching Sabbatical - deadline August 10th 2021!
About the STINT program
STINT’s programme Teaching Sabbatical aims to develop both individuals and institutions. By giving researchers and lecturers at Swedish universities, who are passionate about education, international experiences relevant to their teaching role rather than their research one, STINT wants to contribute to educational renewal and the creation of new networks. Great emphasis is put on the added value of the stay abroad, which is why STINT encourages candidates to search for new international experiences
Participating lecturers will reside at the foreign institution of higher education during the autumn semester (August to December). The intention is for them to teach, either by giving a course themselves or in partnership with a colleague at the host institution. STINT collaborates with selected universities and colleges based in Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the US. They represent a diversity of institutions committed to high quality education in their respective regions around the world.
The participating lecturers’ experiences will then assist the development of Swedish faculties and universities. There is great emphasis on involving the university leadership and how the universities will use returning lecturers’ experiences in various ways towards positive dissemination impacts. Continued relationships between Swedish and foreign institutions after the sabbatical are encouraged.
- For more information on STINT Teaching sabbatical, including the full call text and report from previous nominees, please see STINT Teaching Sabbatical.
Assessment criteria, application and internal nomination process
The assessment is based on the applicants pedagogical curriculum vitae and justification for the exchange, as well as the recommendation and motivation of the head of department or equivalent.
The applicants motivation must include a well-founded pedagogical reasoning about what one wants to achieve with the exchange. It should also be clear:
- How the exchange will contribute ones own competence and the teaching profession.
- How the experience of the exchange should lead to the development of the educational organisation of the own organisation.
- How the exchange is relevant to, and embedded in, the organisation itself.
The application form:
Sent the application to Elisabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 10th 2021
Do not exceed the maximum number of words in the application!
For full information on assessment criteria, application documents and the nomination process at Lund University, please see Nominate to STINT Teaching Sabbatical.
Clarification of the STINT application form
- Institutional contact person - to be filled in by the candidates Head of Department. The Head of Department should also read through and tick the appropriate boxes: "I hereby guarantee that ..." and "If the nominated candidate is selected". It is the candidate's Department that will bear the cost of the candidate's insurance during the sabbatical.
- Candidate contact data - to be filled in by the candidate
- If three candidates are nominated, one has to be given a reserve status (see the call text). Please check the appropriate box - Please do not tick any of these boxes. They are used in the nomination process by Lund University.
- In order to facilitate the review process at our partner universities, please state the name/s of the department/s at the respective university/college that matches the candidates profile - this must be filled in.
- Summary - to be filled in by the candidate
- Academic background and profile - to be filled in by the candidate
- Motives and expectations - to be filled in by the candidate
- Nomination: Why was this candidate nominated? - to be filled in by the candidate's Head of Department
- Nomination: Expected institutional impact - to be filled in by the candidate's Head of Department
Questions? Contact Elisabeth.email@example.com