IT services and support at the Faculty of Medicine is delivered by Med IT
Temporary change in IT support procedures
Due to the spread of coronavirus, we have made following changes in our support procedures for the time being.
- At the moment, we do not accept visitors in our IT workshops, with the exception of other agreements.
- Most of the support will be given through TeamViewer. which allows us to assist you remotely. TeamViewer is remote access and remote control computer software.
- Issues that require physical measures will take place at your office. We hope you have patience in this situation.
As usual, you send questions to email@example.com. For technical equipment in classrooms we will of course continue with support on site, given that we have the resources required (can be effected by sick leave).
NB! Please keep in mind that also the central servicedesk (phone: +46 46 222 90 00) can give remote assistance to some extent.
Download TeamViewer for remote support
To give you distance support, we need to have remote access to your computer. As usual, you send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, but for remote assistance, you also need to download TeamViewer.
Download TeamViewer for PC and Mac for remote assistance using these links:
Welcome to contact us!
Phone: + 46 46 222 90 00 (29000 within Lund University, not to be used from Region Skåne's telephones)
For quicker service:
- Always give your Lucat id when contacting Med IT.
- Please specify your problem and your possible attempt to solve it.
- Inform us if the problem only affects you, or your colleagues as well.
- If you have a computer related problem, please state your computer name or IP address, and your workplace. In order for your IT ticket to come to the right IT technician, enter the house's abbreviation before the room number: BMC xxxxx, CRC xx-xx-xxx, HSC xxx or MV xxx-xxxx. If you do not have a room at the faculty's premises, please specify SUS for Region Skåne or EXT if you are located externally.
Make sure that your room number is updated in Lucat
The correct room number in Lucat is very important for us to be able to help you quickly and efficiently. To change your room number, go to https://lucat.lu.se/. Unfortunately, it is only in Swedish. Under the heading "Verksamhetsroller", click on the link "Ändra." In the dialog box, you will find the heading "rumsnummer". You may need to scroll down to find it. Enter the house's abbreviation before the room number. Please, also add you phone number!
Visit us at our workshops
Due to Covid-19, we do not accept visitors in our IT workshops, with the exception of other agreements. Contact us to book an appointment before you visit our workshops as we are not always there!