Faculty of Medicine's internal website


Before leaving Sweden

Leaving the university

Make sure that you return your office key, key card and if applicable, credit card and cell phone. Also, remember to empty your room of your personal items.

Make a list of all the phone numbers and addresses in Sweden that you might need after you leave.

Further information about leaving Sweden may be found on the Migration Board website

The Swedish Migration Board (Migrationsverket)

If you plan to return to Sweden in the future and have a permanent residence permit, please read the information about travelling from Sweden on the Migration Board website:

The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket)

If you leave Sweden for at least one year, do not forget to notify the Tax Office at least one week before departure. Fill in and sign the form 'Moving abroad' and send it to the following address:

Skatteverkets inläsningscentral
FE 2005
205 76 Malmö

The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan)

If you receive any allowances in Sweden but intend to leave the country permanently, please fill out form number 5459 'Flyttning till eller arbete I ett annat land”' which can be found on the Social Insurance Agency's website:

The Swedish Retirement Agency (Pensionsmyndigheten)

You might need to contact the Swedish Retirement Agency regarding future retirement issues. For further information, please visit the Retirement Agency's website:

Your bank

Make sure that you close your bank account before moving from Sweden.

Report a change of address (optional)

Are you planning to move your home or to change address permanently or temporarily? If so, be sure to register your change of address:

Practical help and advice for EU nationals and their families

The following link provides help for European citizens and their families about rights and to practical tips to move around in the EU:

Site overview