Faculty of Medicine's internal website


Tax Identification Number (TIN)

A tax identification number (Skatteregistreringsnummer) is a uniform European identification number for non-EU citizens who are not or have not been registered in the Swedish population records. A tax identification number are only given to individuals who will stay in Sweden less than 365 days. The purpose of the tax identification number is to allow public agencies and other functions in society to identify individuals even if they are not registered in Sweden. The Swedish Tax Agency provides a tax identification number upon request from an institutional authority. Request an application form to receive a tax identification number from Hülya Leeb-Lundberg at the IASS office. This cannot be done until the researcher is physically in Sweden. This form is only in Swedish, and the IASS office or the departmental HR coordinator must assist you with completing the form.

Please note that a tax identification number does not entitle you to any healthcare benefits, but could help you when you want to open a bank account in Sweden.


Hülya Leeb-Lundberg
International Academic Staff Support

Tel: +46 46 222 6227

Site overview