Swedish Research Council/Vetenskapsrådet Grant Writing Support Programme 2019
The Faculty of Medicine invites everyone who is planning to apply for the 2019 calls within the medicine and health framework from Vetenskapsrådet/Swedish Research Council (VR), including International Postdoc, Starting Grant (Etableringsbidrag), and Research Project Grant (Projektbidrag), to register for the new Faculty VR application support programme, organized by Careers Centre and Future Faculty.
More information and registration here!
Information session with the Academic Appointment Board
Have you ever considered applying for a Senior Lecturer (universitetslektor) or an Associate Senior Lecturer (biträdande universitetslektor) position?
Then book February 27th for an open information session with professor Måns Magnusson, chair of the Academic Appointments Board (Lärarförslagsnämnden), and Kajsa Johnsson, head of recruitment at the Faculty of Medicine. During the seminar you will get information about the recruitment process for teacher positions and the Faculty strategy on future positions. There will also be time for questions. Time and venue: February 27th, 1.30-3.30 pm in the Belfrage room (BMC). More information will follow in January.
Career paths and independence: Lunch Seminar with Young Group Leaders
We are arranging a lunch seminar with three talented young group leaders from the Faculty of Medicine on career paths and independence. Date: February 26th 2019. More information and registration will be available in January.
Excellence Seminar Lunch
In January we will announce 5 seats for the Excellence Seminar Lunch with Professor William Kaelin on the 28th of February. More information about the speaker and seminar can be found here. The invitation to the lunch will be sent out to Future Faculty members in January. Spots will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
How to prepare and apply for docentship (docentur)?
Are you about to apply for docentship, or considering it as a later step in your academic career and want to know what is required for doing so?
Get informed on upcoming information sessions:
Lund, November 21st, 15:00-16:00 in I1254, BMC
Malmö 22nd, 15:00-16:00 in 93-11-003, CRC
More info here!
Minerva Award Ceremony
The 2018 Future Faculty Minerva Award was presented to Prof. Pia Maly Sundgren at the award ceremony on the 13th of June 2018. Prof. Sundgren gave an excellent motivational talk about mentorship and her experiences as a leader. Congratulations Prof. Sundgren!!
Career positions info session
about recruitment process for Associate/Senior lecturer positions - 3rd of April
Excellence lunch with Professor Peter Carmeliet
Grand Hotel, Lund, March 6th 2018 from 12:00 to 14:00
The Future Faculty 4th annual retreat:
March 1-2 2018, Ystad Saltsjöbad.
"Do we speak the same language?"
VR application support programme 2018
The Future Faculty invites everyone who is planning to apply for the 2018 calls within the medicine and health framework from Vetenskapsrådet/Swedish Research Council (VR), including International Postdoc, Starting Grant (Etableringsbidrag), Consolidator Grant (Konsolideringsbidrag) and Research Project Grant (Projektbidrag) to register for the Faculty´s new VR application support programme, co-organised with the Careers Centre.
The programme consists of three different parts, to which you can choose to sign up for one or several.
1) Information meeting regarding VR applications
- You will receive information about the sections in the calls as well as internal procedures at the faculty.
2) Hands-on grant writing workshop and coaching with Elevate Scientific.
- Ahead of this workshop you will get a template for successful VR grant writing that you can use when writing “Appendix A” in the VR application.
- On the workshop-day you will bring a full draft (Appendix A).
- During the day, you will get concrete tools for improving your grant application and will, by working together in small groups and through input from a professional grant writing coach, get and give feedback on your application.
3) Individual feedback on applications from reviewers.
- You will be assigned an individual grant reviewer with knowledge of the VR process.
- The reviewer will read and comment on your appendix A. You will then have an individual meeting with the reviewer to discuss your application.