Swedish Research Council/Vetenskapsrådet Grant Writing Support Programme 2019
The Faculty of Medicine invites everyone who is planning to apply for the 2019 calls within the medicine and health framework from Vetenskapsrådet/Swedish Research Council (VR), including International Postdoc, Starting Grant (Etableringsbidrag), and Research Project Grant (Projektbidrag), to register for the new Faculty VR application support programme, organized by Careers Centre and Future Faculty.
The programme consists of two parts, to which you can choose to sign up for one or both.
1) An open information session and panel discussion, moderated by Future Faculty, with researchers and experienced reviewers
- You will receive information about the sections in the calls, the VR review process, and advice on how to make your application fulfil the evaluation criteria.
- Questions to the panel can be submitted in advance. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions during the session.
- The session is open to everyone who is interested.
- Submit your questions for the panel discussion
2) Individual feedback on grant applications from assigned reviewers.
- You will be assigned an individual grant reviewer with experience of the VR process.
- The reviewer, who will be familiar with your research field, will read and comment on your grant application. You will then have an individual meeting with the reviewer to discuss your application.
- The Review process requires registration by January 14th.
Programme and deadlines
- January 7th: Registration for information meeting and panel debate closes, you will receive a confirmation email by January 8th.
- January 10th: Information meeting and panel discussion regarding call information and procedures, opportunity to ask questions. Anna Blom, Heiko Herwald and experienced VR reviewers.
- January 14th: Registration for Review process Closes, you will be matched with a reviewer and receive a confirmation of admission by January 16th. If you are not admitted, you can be placed on the waiting list if you want to, therefore, it is important that you who are admitted will notify Careers Centre as soon as possible, should you be unable to submit your research project plan as described below.
- You are expected to be ready to submit a research project plan consisting of a maximum of 10 pages of text, written according to the instructions for the relevant call as specified by VR (www.vr.se), to your assigned reviewer. The call for International Postdoc applications opens January 23rd, and the calls for Project grant and Starting grant applications open on February 13th, but you can find the evaluation criteria in VR's Peer Review guidebook here: https://www.vr.se/download/18.514d156f1639984ae075e2fd/1529480537328/Peer_review_handbook_MH_2018.pdf
- Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the reviewer!
- For International Postdocs:
January 27th: Deadline to send full research plan to reviewer
February 15th 2019: Deadline for receiving individual feedback
- For Starting Grants and Research Project Grants:
February 1st: Deadline to send full research plan to reviewer
March 1st 2019: Deadline for receiving individual feedback
Please note that it is possible to sign up for only one of the programme parts, or for both the information session and the review part of the programme.
The deadlines for signing up to the reviewer process (January 14th) and sending in the research project plan (see above) are non-negotiable!
The information session and panel discussion is open for everyone, even if you do not plan to apply this year!
For the application review part, the number of seats is limited to 60, selected on a first come, first served basis.
For further questions regarding this programme please do not hesitate to contact Careers Centre (email@example.com).