Strategies and guidelines translated into English. Further plans and documents can be found in Swedish on the Swedish website.
Strategic Plan for the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University 2012-2017
- a Faculty of Medicine that works to understand, explain and improve our world and human health.
The Faculty of Medicine at Lund University, in close cooperation with agents within public healthcare and medicine, is to contribute to increasing knowledge of high relevance to human health. This is done through education and research of the highest quality in cooperation with wider society.
Our strategic goals for 2012–2017:
- the organisation is characterised by the highest quality at an internationally leading level and by a strong connection between education, research and innovation
- the study programmes in the first and second cycles are linked to research, competitive and run with very high teaching excellence in increased cooperation between programmes
- third cycle studies are of the highest quality and adapted to the labour market
- research is conducted in both depth and breadth – new research fields and interdisciplinary projects are identified and developed
- clear career paths within the faculty are created and a system for careers guidance is established
- the faculty is distinguished by strong innovative thinking which contributes to better healthcare and medicine and the establishment of new medical companies, products and services
- internationalisation and a global perspective permeate the organisation
- more in-depth cooperation with our closest collaborative partner, public healthcare
- our organisation is run in increased cooperation with other faculties at Lund University and strategically selected national and international higher education institutions
- employees and students have an attractive, creative and stimulating work and learning environment with a good infrastructure which reinforces our activities and makes us even more competitive
- we are a faculty characterised by shared commitment, participation and a democratic and clear leadership in an environment that encourages opinions and debate in a spirit of respect for other employees
- sustainable development becomes a natural component of education, research and other activities.
The Faculty of Medicine’s Strategic Plan for 2012–2017 was adopted by the faculty board in December 2012. The plan presents the goals and strategies for the faculty’s core activities – education, research and cooperation with wider society – as well as for our working and learning environment.