The Faculty of Medicine at Lund University consists of 6 departments that pursue research and education in Lund and Malmö.
- Department of Experimental Medical Science
- Department of Health Sciences
- Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund
- Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmö
- Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund
- Department of Translational Medicine
A department is an organisational unit within a Faculty that engages in education and research. The departments consist of various divisions, which in turn consist of research groups. Each department is led by an Head of Department (prefekt).