The Lund AAV vector core is located at the BMC ín Lund. It is a viral vector core facility providing you with full service - the core has a long experience in the production of viral-based vectors and has become an important technological resource for researchers, providing services to non-profit institutions and academic investigators worldwide.
The core provides investigators access to state-of-the-art vector technology for preclinical studies and other basic research applications. These studies can contribute with information which can prove crucial to the understanding of gene function and development of therapeutic vectors.
It is open to all interested Lund University affiliates as well as external users.
The services provided by the Lund AAV vector core are:
- AAV based vector production
- Production of custom vectors designed according to the requests of the researcher
- Provision of ready-made reporter gene vectors and other vectors from our large inventory
- Consultation and advice in the design of custom vectors and in vector serotype selection
- Design, cloning and production of plasmid DNA for the production of custom vectors
- Robust quality control including full sequence analysis of source materials and titration of vectors
- A wide variety of AAV serotypes including AAV 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 and more